Cannot install IE 11. Error code 9c59 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying for days to install IE 11.  Three Microsoft help desk people could not accomplish the installation.  Support articles suggest uninstalling IE 9 which I cannot find.  Will uninstalling IE 10 help?  Are there hidden IE 9 files and updates?  Which are they?

Why is this such a common problem that remains unsolved?

Don't know what to do except pay a ransom to have IE 11 installed.  Please make a suggestion that will work.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:55 PM

Answers

• Why is this such a common problem that remains unsolved?

Because WinSxS files become corrupted and there are only partial repairs available.  Were you advised to try using the CheckSUR tool?  Also, note that problem has more to do with WindowsUpdate or Performance and Maintenance than IE.

Please make a suggestion that will work.

All that I can suggest is that you do some analysis of the symptoms.  You may be able to devise a minimal workaround then.  Otherwise, since the problem is with the OS you need to find the repair tool that changes your symptom with the least amount of disruption to other components.  CheckSUR is a good way to begin on both those tacks.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:26 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft has ended the support on Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9. Therefore, you need to upgrade your Internet Explorer 11.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support

There are many ways to install Internet Explorer. You could open "Control Panel" > "Windows Updates" > "Check for Updates".

Also, you could download Internet Explorer 11 and install it manually.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:49 AM
  • Thanks but I have tried these approaches with no success.  I have twice spent hours on the phone with Microsoft tech support who could not resolve the issue.  

We scanned for system corruption but found no problems.  At a loss for what to do.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Since the issue is on related to Windows Phone and we do not have the environment for test, you will get more help if you could post your issue to mobile device forum for support.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum?tab=Threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 25, 2016 1:40 AM
  • This is not a phone problem.  The problem is downloading IE 11 to a PC.

Monday, January 25, 2016 8:38 PM
  • Why is this such a common problem that remains unsolved?

Because WinSxS files become corrupted and there are only partial repairs available.  Were you advised to try using the CheckSUR tool?  Also, note that problem has more to do with WindowsUpdate or Performance and Maintenance than IE.

Please make a suggestion that will work.

All that I can suggest is that you do some analysis of the symptoms.  You may be able to devise a minimal workaround then.  Otherwise, since the problem is with the OS you need to find the repair tool that changes your symptom with the least amount of disruption to other components.  CheckSUR is a good way to begin on both those tacks.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:26 AM
    Answerer