Watch your desktop on TV RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi.

I bought a laptop two days (Sony Vaio AR41S) and was pleased to see that it had S-Video, HDMI, VGA, etc. with Windows Vista Home Premium so I excitedly connected a wire from the laptop to the TV and switched the AV channels on my TV only to not find my desktop on any of the channels.

The wire I have connected is the one that goes from the AV port on the laptop (I think it's the AV port.. the picture above is of an arrow pointing right inside a little box and it's the same picture you see on your TV remote when switching to th AV channels) and the other end that goes to the TV is RCA (the red, white and yellow plugs).

Next week I will also be receiving a Scart to S-Video lead (I couldn't buy a VGA one as my TV doesn't have a VGA input) but the wire used above should have worked.

I was really hoping to be able to view the things on my laptop on the bigger screen (watching home movies after editing on the bigger screen is always a plus) and it works this XP so I was hoping you would be able to help me out. I'm not sure what to do (perhaps something to do with the control panel) and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:20 AM