Error message when opening Outlook 2003 after installing win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Did a clean install of Win7 and then reloaded MS office 2003. When open Outlook get the following error message:

When open outlook get following message: “c:\users\user\appdata\roaming\microsoft\addins\c:\progra~1\micros~2\office11\addins\outbak.dll is not a valid Office add-in”

When I click OK the error message disappears and I can work normally in Outlook. I deleted outbak.dll from add-ins but still get error message.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Wolf

Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Outbak
    . dll is part of Outlook Personal Folders Backup.

The error message which you are encountering may be because the program would  have been installed improperly.Reinstalling may resolve the error while giving you a way to back up your messages and contact list.

For Outlook 2003,kindly go to the Microsoft Download search site listed below, choose Outlook in the Product box and use backup as a search term which will guide to the download page.

If you do not want the backup program, get rid of a reference to outback.dll in the Registry.

Kindly download the software from the below site .

www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

Also check the below site which gives some more details.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319900

Thanks,

Saraga Mala

• Marked as answer by Rewards Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:45 PM
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:39 PM

All replies

• Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:01 PM
  • Matt,
    I tried that and still get same error message.
    Thanks,
    Wolf

Friday, October 30, 2009 1:05 AM
  • Hi,

Outbak
    . dll is part of Outlook Personal Folders Backup.

The error message which you are encountering may be because the program would  have been installed improperly.Reinstalling may resolve the error while giving you a way to back up your messages and contact list.

For Outlook 2003,kindly go to the Microsoft Download search site listed below, choose Outlook in the Product box and use backup as a search term which will guide to the download page.

If you do not want the backup program, get rid of a reference to outback.dll in the Registry.

Kindly download the software from the below site .

www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

Also check the below site which gives some more details.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319900

Thanks,

Saraga Mala

• Marked as answer by Rewards Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:45 PM
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:39 PM
  • Thanks Saraga
    Worked as advertised !

If I download Personal Folder Backup again do you think it will work or is this a compatibility issue with Win 7? Never ran into this error with XP.

Regards,
    Wolf
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

You can always download the personal folder backup, as it is very necessary
    creating backup copies of your Microsoft Outlook information in a quicker and easier way. Personal Folders Backup works with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Outlook 2002. You can choose which .PST files to back up. Each .PST file contain all the Outlook folders which includes your Inbox, Calendar and Contacts. You can just install Personal Folders Backup(pfbackup.exe) and choose Backup from the file menu in Outlook to take a backup of your .PST files.

The Outlook Personal Folders Backup add-in is available for download from the following Microsoft Web site:
     http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&DisplayLang=en

Thanks,
    Saraga Mala

• Proposed as answer by saraga mala Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:08 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:37 PM