Accidently deleted Word for xp. Have done the "back to a previous time" backup restore thing! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there. New to the forums, dumb with computers. I accidently deleted ( and i have no idea how i did it) Just one day microsoft word just isn't working. All my like icons with resume's etc are all still there, but it won't open. Now i have done the backup to an earlier date, after i did that some of the icons on my descktop now have a ! mark on them, and word kinda opens, but then a box with " windows installer" comes up and says "preparing to install".

After that this message comes up " Microsoft word as not been installed with the current user, Please run setup to install the application".   Where is setup?? Ive looked, ive googled. Im dumb :)

Any help would be great. Thank You

• Moved by arnavsharma Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:44 AM Moving to Office Forums.
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• What is the exact make, model, and series of your computer system?  When and where did you purchase this computer system?  If you purchased a brand named computer with Windows XP already installed you should have a package of installation disks for the software the manufacturer installed on your system.  MS Word could have been a stand alone application or part of MS Office.  In either case, you should have installation disks for the program.  You would use the application disk to re-install either MS Word or MS Office.

MS Word is not part of Windows XP but a separate application.  Each manufacturer has their own unique configuration which is not dictated by Microsoft so it is impossible to know exactly what is and is not on your system and/or the accompanying disks for the system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:06 PM
  • ... this message comes up " Microsoft word as not been installed with the current user, Please run setup to install the application" ...   

Hi,

The effect of this error should affect all MS Office component instead of just MS Word.

You may find this link useful for solving MS Office XP or MS Office 2003.

Microsoft application has not been installed for the current user

P.S. For MS Office related issue, please post the question to the MS Office forum for better response time.

Microsoft Office TechNet Forum

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tas Chew

• Edited by Tas76 Wednesday, October 9, 2013 4:08 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Richa Shaily Wednesday, October 9, 2013 4:21 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by TylorWang Friday, October 11, 2013 2:51 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Tony Chen CHN Monday, October 21, 2013 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 4:07 AM
  • I'm unmarking as proposed answer and Moving the question to Office forums.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:44 AM
  • Hi

Try the suggestions in the article below as Tas recommended:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898512

If it doesn't wrok, refer to the following method:

322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Please backup registry, and try to delete registry data test if it helps,

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Run dialog box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. In the left pane in the Registry Editor, locate the following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
    4. In the left pane, right-click 11.0 under the Office folder, and then click Delete.
    5. On the File menu, click Exit.

In addition, we might  save that users profile data (My Docs, Favs, and Desktop), delete their profile then have them create a new profile by logging back in.

Regards

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Proposed as answer by TylorWang Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Monday, October 28, 2013 1:09 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:43 AM