none
Project Server 2016 AD Sync Resource Inactivation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can give a clear answer on when the Project Server AD Sync will inactivate a user/resource. My previous understanding was that it would never inactivate a currently active resource, only reactivate an inactive resource if they were found in the AD Sync and the setting to reactivate was checked.

I have a situation currently where I have a user who is in multiple AD groups that are sync'd to PWA Security groups, but is not in the AD Group that is sync'd to the Enterprise Resource Pool and they are being inactivated every night during the AD Sync job (not sure if its the Security group job or the ERP job). However, my account is not in any of the AD groups and it remains active, there are several other accounts in various groups that also remain active, and several others in various other configurations that are getting inactivated. I don't seem to see a trend at this point, and something is obviously going wrong. But my first step in troubleshooting, what is the expected result? Does PWA ever inactivate resources? I know it used to a few versions back if they werent found in the ERP, but I didn't think it did that anymore.  

Friday, June 22, 2018 4:21 PM

All replies