none
Configure Transport Rule Based on Domain

Question

• We are currently running Exchange 2010 however need a way in which to redirect emails from certain domains to an internal distribution group.

Currently in EMC we are using a transport rule to redirect external emails from certain people to the distribution group but we now have 52 entries for this. With certain providers having staff changes we then need to edit the rule again.

I tried several combinations today including:

1. When the from address contains 'sampledomain.com'
    2. When the 'sampledomain.com' matches 'sampledomain.com'
    3. When the From address matches 'sampledomain.com'
    4. When the Senders email:sampledomain.com

After attempting each of the above I restarted the transport service but this doesn't seem to be working. As a test I added gmail.com to each of these tests and emailed myself from gmail to my work email address but the email still arrived in my inbox.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 11:05 AM

Answers

• Ok thank you but I have it worked out now.

I started from scratch and made a new rule using "when the From address matches text patterns" - Added in each domain using both '@gmail.com' and 'gmail.com' and restarted the transport service and it worked.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 10:49 PM

All replies

• If you think the rules are valid, you could enable pipeline tracing to see if they are being applied to the message

Enable Pipeline Tracing

You can also check out the rules tracking file that is generated

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Ok thank you but I have it worked out now.

I started from scratch and made a new rule using "when the From address matches text patterns" - Added in each domain using both '@gmail.com' and 'gmail.com' and restarted the transport service and it worked.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 10:49 PM