none
Level Resources for Multiple Projects From Resource Plans RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have a collection of projects that are in the proposal phase, and have their resource requirements populated in the Resource Plans by FTE for each year. I would like to level these resources across all of the projects using the assignments in the resource plan, and the priority defined by the strategic value as calculated in the Portfolio Analysis. Is there a way to achieve this in Project Server 2013? 

Thanks!

Thursday, October 22, 2015 1:30 PM

All replies

• Scrutch --

No, to the best of my knowledge there is no way to level resource overallocations in Resource Plans.  You would need to manually adjust the values for the overallocated resources in each Resource Plan as needed.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, October 22, 2015 1:37 PM
  • Dale,

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Since it doesn't seem possible to do from resource plans, if I were to assign the resources to the project, is there an easy way to level them from Project Server, without opening all of the projects in Professional? I would still like to use the priority as defined by the strategic value, even if that has to be input manually. 

Thanks again!

• Edited by Scrutch Thursday, October 22, 2015 1:42 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 1:41 PM
  • Scrutch --

If you assign the resources to tasks in Microsoft Project, then you would need to open all of the projects to level the overallocated resources across projects.  Alas, there is no quick way to perform the leveling operation you need.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:27 PM