none
One Forest Multiple Domains

Question

• Hello,

We would like to have two domains under same forest, in order to have the option some users to have access to both domains.
    The shared (common) users will the option to access Shared Folders in both domains, use printers that are listed in both domains, they will have two email accounts, one for domain1.com and one for domain2.com. All the other users will have access to one only domain. Also the access will not be two way, but one way, from one domain to the other, meaning that the common users will be only in one domain, i.e. in domain1.com. Also, can we have one exchange server that it will host two domains? in a scenario like this, how window roles i need? i.e. i need to dhcp server? two file servers? two dns? each one for one domain?

Thank you

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi

can we have one exchange server that it will host two domains? >>> Afaik,Exchange will host multiple email domains,to allow the user to login with the primary email address, you will need to setup additional UPN suffixes in AD and configure the Accounts tab of the user to match with the email address.For complete details you should ask on exhange forums.

how window roles i need? i.e. i need to dhcp server? two file servers? two dns? each one for one domain? >>> As far as I understand (if correct),you should configure dhcp on each domain,also dns,but you can configure file server on a domain then configure domain trust and share resources to other domain.For Gpo's,each domain needs to have own policies.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:32 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your answer, it is more clear now to me.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:16 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.
    Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:39 AM