Disk Cleanup dumped recyle bin, box UNchecked RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm miffed! I prefer to dump my recycle bin myself and always have.  Well, I used disk cleanup for the first time in Win7 Pro (have 3 machines and used to XP, but the dialog box is identical in disk cleanup so not a mistake on my part!).  As usual, I made sure that recycle bin box was unchecked. Well...I now have a completely empty - and unrecoverable (easily) recycle bin. 

Is this a bug in 7?  I never had that problem in XP and am pretty po'd :-/

Monday, November 21, 2011 4:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I really understand how frustrating this is for you. As Nano said, “there is no such bug”.  If you want to find back these files, I think you could try to use some third party tool, such as Easy Recovery.

Meanwhile, if you are able to reproduce this problem, please follow Nano’s advice to record the issue, then I could submit it to our Product Team.

Thanks for understanding and cooperation

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, December 8, 2011 12:41 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:31 AM

All replies

• If the box was unchecked, disk cleanup will not delete the files.

Please use the problem steps recorder, reproduce the issue and record it and post it in the your public Skydrive folder and provide the link here in the forum.

I cannot reproduce the problem. There is no such bug.

Monday, November 21, 2011 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

I really understand how frustrating this is for you. As Nano said, “there is no such bug”.  If you want to find back these files, I think you could try to use some third party tool, such as Easy Recovery.

Meanwhile, if you are able to reproduce this problem, please follow Nano’s advice to record the issue, then I could submit it to our Product Team.

Thanks for understanding and cooperation

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, December 8, 2011 12:41 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:31 AM