Is there any way to merge IBM Tivoli Monitoring to SCOM ? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We are currently using SCOM and IBM Tivoli Monitoring , we plan to decomm IBM Tivoli Monitoring and use only SCOM to monitor entire environment , is there any way to merge IBM Tivoli Monitoring to SCOM ? 

Thanks

Friday, February 2, 2018 6:09 AM

Answers

• What do you mean by "merge"? Monitor in SCOM the exact same thing that were in Tivoli, without Tivoli running?

I really don't see how that would be possible in an automatical manner, you would have to inventory everything that is monitored in Tivoli and then check if there are corresponding MP in SCOM or develop your own

• Proposed as answer by Sameer Mhaisekar Friday, February 2, 2018 7:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by 74KMS Friday, February 2, 2018 8:27 AM
    Friday, February 2, 2018 6:57 AM
  • Hello,

Agree with CyrAz. I think more appropriate word here would not be "merge" but "move" :)

There is no such connector that'll "transfer" the Tivoli monitoring to SCOM, so the only option you have is to find out everything you're monitoring with Tivoli and configure that in SCOM, from scratch.

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Friday, February 2, 2018 7:44 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by "merge"? Monitor in SCOM the exact same thing that were in Tivoli, without Tivoli running?

I really don't see how that would be possible in an automatical manner, you would have to inventory everything that is monitored in Tivoli and then check if there are corresponding MP in SCOM or develop your own

• Proposed as answer by Sameer Mhaisekar Friday, February 2, 2018 7:44 AM
    Friday, February 2, 2018 6:57 AM
  • Hello,

Agree with CyrAz. I think more appropriate word here would not be "merge" but "move" :)

There is no such connector that'll "transfer" the Tivoli monitoring to SCOM, so the only option you have is to find out everything you're monitoring with Tivoli and configure that in SCOM, from scratch.

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Friday, February 2, 2018 7:44 AM