none
Upgrading Central Store - Error Message Namespace

Question

• Hi,

I just upgraded the Central Store with the latest Windows 10 1511 template and got an error message.

The error message appeared when I edited a GPO and went into Computer Configuration > Policies.

Namespace 'Microsoft.Policies.WindowsStore' is already defined as the target namespace for another file in the store.

File \\domain.local\SysVol\domain.local\Policies\PolicyDefinitions\WinStoreUI.admx, line 4, column 80

Do anyone know how to solve this?

• Edited by Xelent Wednesday, November 18, 2015 11:07 AM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:36 AM

Answers

• It seems like we solved the problem.

We just removed the WinStoreUI.admx file and everything seem to be working fine and no errors.

• Marked as answer by Xelent Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:31 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:31 PM

All replies

• This is happening to us too. Just applied 1511 template to central store and getting the same error as Xelent
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 2:16 PM
  • > Namespace 'Microsoft.Policies.WindowsStore' is already defined as the
    > target namespace for another file in the store.
    > \\domain.local\SysVol\domain.local\Policies\PolicyDefinitions\WinStoreUI.admx,
     From time to time, some sophisticated guy at MSFT decides to rename
    ADMX files. This results in duplicate files containing conflicting
    namespaces. Either remove the WinStoreUI.admx or identify the other file
    (the "find" command might come in handy :-)) and remove this one. I have
    no W10 1511 available currently.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:14 AM
  • WinStoreUI.admx is the old file. The new one is called WindowsStore.admx.

There is a similar thread https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077013 which has the same problem with LocationProviderAdm.admx. If we follow the advice there we should delte WinStoreUI.admx and then rename WindowsStore.admx to WinStoreUI.admx.

I have not tried this yet. I have raised a ticket with Premier Support and will see what they turn up with.

• Proposed as answer by _Russo_ Sunday, November 22, 2015 11:08 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:44 AM
  • I have not tried this yet.

I have tested it in my local lab, just deleted the old one (WinStoreUI.admx/WinStoreUI.adml), then renamed the new WindowsStore.admx/WindowsStore.adml to WinStoreUI.admx/WinStoreUI.adml. The Central Store works well for me now.

We will pass this information to the product group through our internal channel. 

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:11 AM
  • We had he same issue after importing the WIN10 group policy ADMX/ADML files to Central Store.

The rename of the files to the original filenames (the new WindowsStore.admx/WindowsStore.adml to WinStoreUI.admx/WinStoreUI.adml) fixed the problem.

My major question is, why do these files -WindowsStore.admx/WindowsStore.adml suddenly change name from their original names and can cause so much noise in GPMC ???

I would really like a MS answer on that.

Thanks in advance.

Anders Probst

Friday, November 20, 2015 11:00 PM
  • My major question is, why do these files -WindowsStore.admx/WindowsStore.adml suddenly change name from their original names and can cause so much noise in GPMC ???

Well..as Martin said, "From time to time, some sophisticated guy at MSFT decides to rename ADMX files.

A similar issue described in this KB https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077013, doesn't explain why they decide to rename it. I assume soon a similar KB article will release to state it.

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:34 AM
  • It seems like we solved the problem.

We just removed the WinStoreUI.admx file and everything seem to be working fine and no errors.

• Marked as answer by Xelent Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:31 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:31 PM
  • Removing WinStoreUI.admx and WinStoreUI.adml is the solution. Thanks for confirming that faster than Premier Support have managed.
    • Proposed as answer by sebilis Wednesday, March 09, 2016 2:33 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2015 11:33 AM
  • Ethan,

I had also the other GPO Location problem you've mentioned and it was solved by deleting/renaming the .admx/.adml files. For this case the solution was the same, as you've explained.

Works fine.

Thursday, August 04, 2016 10:23 AM
  • 1607 templates have same issues.
    Monday, October 24, 2016 5:11 AM
  • This persists with the Templates issued on 8th January for Win 10 & Server 2016.

Thanks for providing the solution (Delete & Rename).

Friday, April 07, 2017 7:04 PM
  • This workaround works perfectly. TY
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:45 PM