Can't install Office 2010 on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I've attempted to install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010  on Windows 7 I get this error message "Setup cannot find ProPlus.WW\ProPsWW2.cab. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK."
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It looks like the installation file is corrupt. Please retry to install it.

Also, please understand that this is Windows 7 Forum while this issue is more Office product related. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to submit a new question in Office Forum.

Regards,

Sabrina

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It looks like the installation file is corrupt. Please retry to install it.

Also, please understand that this is Windows 7 Forum while this issue is more Office product related. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to submit a new question in Office Forum.

Regards,

Sabrina

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:23 AM
  • Hello, 

I am experiencing the same issue.  It is not an Office issue, it is a Windows issue.  I used the same media on 2 separate Windows 7 Enterprise installations, and it worked fine.  I put it in the 3rd machine, and got the error above.  I even tried copying all the files off the CD, and running the installation; same results.  I have even tried reinstalling Windows 7 on the machine, with the same results.  Likewise, I have downloaded and burned new copies of Office 2010 with the same result.

J.Mix

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:28 PM
  • I agree this is a Windows issue. I tried to uninstall the Office 2007 that came with the computer and the uninstall does not work either. Can't install or uninstall.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 12:50 AM
  • Hi,

I was experiencing the exact same issue for office 2010, although the file it couldn't find seemed to be random.

To solve it:

1: I uninstalled any office products I had installed.

2: deleted office folders in c:\program files and c:\program files (x86)

3: deleted office folders in c:\program files\common files and  c:\program files (x86)\common files

4: deleted office folders in c:\users\your user account and c:\users\all users

5: used ccleaner to do a scan of the registry to remove any traces left

After that office installed with no issues, it is a bit of a pain if you have multiple products installed but for me it worked like a charm.

Hope it does for you.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:57 PM