none
DPM2012R2 server information not showing up in SCOM 2012 sp1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys, 

we have SCOM 2012sp1 installed on our network and we have 10 DPM  dedicated servers on the same network. We recently had 2 DPM2012sp1 servers crash and we replaced them with DPM2012r2. Now it happens that SCOM does not recorgnnise the 2 as DPM servers. It recogonises them just as you would add any server agent to DPM, so we cannot manage or see status on protection groups. How can i get this back? Can it be done without upgradinging SCOM2012sp1 to R2? Help highly appreciated.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:36 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can. Verify configuration as exist in below link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh758189.aspx

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Hello Ali, Thanks for the feed back. If some DPM Server with SP1 already work doesn't that act as verification enough for a proper configuration?  Only difference i saw was that a reg folder PowerShell was missing   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Modules\Global\ from the DPM R2 servers. Created the folder to test on one of the DPM R2 servers but that did not help.
    Friday, October 24, 2014 8:00 AM