Update not showing in installed update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed successfully an update NDP35SP1-KB2836940-x86 on a windows server 2003 32bit, However when i look at the add/remove program (show updates ticked) I could not find this update under the .NET 3.5 SP1

Add / Remove list

I also issued a cmd command

wmic qfe list brief /format:htable > "%USERPROFILE%\hotfix.html"

But could not find the KB being listed in there..

Any ideas?

For God, and Country.

Friday, September 23, 2016 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Sheen Ismhael A. Lim,

1. You may also check "Installed updates" in Windows update> view update history > installed updates, check if the update is listed there;

2. As you know, windows 2003 is out of support, and we do not have 2003 environment to test for you, so I would suggest you upgrade your servers as soon as possible, so that you may get better help for related issues.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 26, 2016 7:22 AM

All replies

1. You may also check "Installed updates" in Windows update> view update history > installed updates, check if the update is listed there;

2. As you know, windows 2003 is out of support, and we do not have 2003 environment to test for you, so I would suggest you upgrade your servers as soon as possible, so that you may get better help for related issues.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 26, 2016 7:22 AM

Could the above replies be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, September 29, 2016 4:46 AM
  • The update is not showing in both windows updates installed updates, and installed updates in add/remove programs.

For God, and Country.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:37 AM
  • Hi Sheen Ismhael A.Lim,

It's pity that we do not have 2003 environment to test for you.

Best Regards,

Anne

Friday, September 30, 2016 9:51 AM