Can not move users frrom lync2013 to Skype for Business online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Ive been asked to complete migration to skype for business online what was started 2 years ago but than was cancelled halfway, 

Situation:
    Lync 2013 Front-end en Edge Server
    2 users in homed Lynconline (skype for business online in portal
    1000 users on premises. 

PS D:\Gerard> Get-CsHostingProvider
    Identity                  : LyncOnline
    Name                      : LyncOnline
    ProxyFqdn                 : sipfed.online.lync.com
    VerificationLevel         : UseSourceVerification
    Enabled                   : True
    EnabledSharedAddressSpace : True
    HostsOCSUsers             : True
    IsLocal                   : False
    AutodiscoverUrl           : https://webdir.online.lync.com/Autodiscover/AutodiscoverService.svc/root

PS D:\Gerard> Get-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration
    Identity                               : Global
    AllowFederatedUsers                    : True
    AllowOutsideUsers                      : True
    EnablePartnerDiscovery                 : True
    DiscoveredPartnerVerificationLevel     : UseSourceVerification
    RoutingMethod                          : UseDnsSrvRouting

PS D:\Gerard> Get-onlineCsTenantFederationConfiguration
    Identity              : Global
    AllowedDomains        : Microsoft.Rtc.Management.WritableConfig.Settings.Edge.AllowAllKnownDomains
    BlockedDomains        : {}
    AllowFederatedUsers   : True
    AllowPublicUsers      : True
    SharedSipAddressSpace : True

So everything is set alright. As i said they already have 2 users in SFBO. I can see them in the portal homed online. But when i want to move new test user to SFBO i get an error

PS C:\Users\OGD_GerardOAdmin> Move-CsUser -Identity sfbotest1@contoso.com -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -Credential $creds
    WARNING: Moving a user from the current version to an earlier version (or to a service version) can cause data loss.

Confirm
    Move-CsUser
    [Y] Yes  [A] Yes to All  [N] No  [L] No to All  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "Y"): y
    Move-CsUser : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Move-CsUser -Identity sfbotest1@contoso.com -Target sipfed. ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Move-CsUser], NullReferenceException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.MoveOcsUserCmdlet

User is enabled with E3 license with an SFBO plan 2. So what am i missing?

Kind regards, 
    Gerard Overgaag

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 4:02 PM

Answers

• Dear Evan, 

I resolved the issue. I had to uninstall Skype for Business Online Connecter module. 

Reinstall OCSCore.msi and LyncOnline Connector Module and the SIgn in Assistant. 

Kind regards, 

Gerard Overgaag

• Marked as answer by Gerard Overgaag Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:35 AM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Gerard Overgaag,

You could try to add -HostedMigrationOverrideUrl in this command and then try to check again. Details you could refer to Move-CsUser

Based on my research,  you could try to check the following:
    1. If the licensing is applied to users shortly and then try to run this command, it may face this issue, you could try to wait for some time(up to 24 hours).
    2. Check the permission of the account you ran this command. You need to use the global admin account in O365.

In addition, you could try to install the “Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant for IT Professionals RTW” module on your FE server or the server/machine you are running this command, and then try again. You could refer to Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant for IT Professionals RTW and download it.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:00 AM
  • Hi Evan, 

I also found that somewhere yesterday. So installed that yesterday as well. Dit not help. 

I have global admin roll applied to my account. I am also Enterprise admin on the on-prem side. And the users are correctly synchronized to Office365. 

Also tried your hosted migration url. 

PS C:\Users\OGD_GerardOAdmin> get-csuser sfbotest1 | Move-CsUser -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -Credential $creds -HostedMigrationOverrideUrl https://admin0e.online.lync
    .com/HostedMigration/hostedmigrationservice.svc -Verbose
    VERBOSE: CN=Sfbotest1,OU=x,OU=x,OU=x,DC=x,DC=x,DC=x
    WARNING: Moving a user from the current version to an earlier version (or to a service version) can cause data loss.

Confirm
    Move-CsUser
    [Y] Yes  [A] Yes to All  [N] No  [L] No to All  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "Y"): y
    Results from this operation can be found: C:\Users\OGD_GerardOAdmin\AppData\Local\Temp\2\MoveResults-b0d1e55c-0518-4e5b-8f02-f9f04188a34a.csv
    Move-CsUser : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    At line:1 char:24
    + ... sfbotest1 | Move-CsUser -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -Credential $c ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Move-CsUser], NullReferenceException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.MoveOcsUserCmdlet

Any other suggestions because I don't know. Only thing I can think of is that the SFB on prem has 2 sipdomains. Contoso.nl and Fabricom.com. Both are added to Office365. But even if I switch the Sip addres of csuser to Fabricom.com (the preferred sipdomain) to contoso.nl it doesnt move.   

Kind regards, 

Gerard

Thursday, November 22, 2018 9:49 AM
  • Hi Gerard Overgaag,

Based on my research, this issue may be occurrd as the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant (MSOIDCLIL.dll) is uninstalled unexpectedly. To fix this, you must reinstall OcsCore.msi, or reinstall LyncOnlinePowerShell.exe.

You could refer to the official document to find more details about this: Error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when you move users to Lync Online

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:20 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 7:09 AM
  • Hi Gerard Overgaag,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:48 AM
  • Dear Evan, 

I resolved the issue. I had to uninstall Skype for Business Online Connecter module. 

Reinstall OCSCore.msi and LyncOnline Connector Module and the SIgn in Assistant. 

Kind regards, 

Gerard Overgaag

• Marked as answer by Gerard Overgaag Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:35 AM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:35 AM