none
Forward Voice mails to Another mail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

We have a requirement to have a SIP address to be added in a call centre appln to receive voice mails in a particular time. Ideally we would like to use a new account for this purpose with least privileges and permissions.  . Voice mails received should get fwded to another mail . 

I am not sure how the fwding of Voice mail will work ( I am mentioning about using outlook rules for forwarding ) . unless we login to the OWA ( not outlook client ) of the UM enabled account , we cannot create a proper rule to forwards mail types which are voice mail . Not even from rules of exchange admin centre. .

I also have a mailbox which can be UM enabled but the mailbox is accessible by a wider audience and if there is a way to even blocking the receipt of voice mail type communication  to this mailbox and still have it delivered to another mailbox will be a really great option for my requirement . But I am not having clue if it is possible.

Regards Midhin

Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Midhin,

What is your environment, on-premises or online?

Do you mean receive all users voicemail or just certain group or someone?

You can create a group mail box in Exchange that can be enabled for UM to accept voicemail from Lync. You will need to enable the same group mailbox for Lync and enable forwarding to voicemail by logging on with the account at least once but once its setup you can leave it be.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 4, 2019 5:26 AM
  • Our env is online with few resource still on premise. 

It is to receive all the calls received on a toll free no. as voice mail in a mailbox. 

We have plans to test something similar. But we need to use a licensed user instead of a shared one as license is required to enable UM.

Regards Midhin

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

You should have a user setup in Skype for Business with all the licences. The email with the voicemail will go to that user. Within Exchange, just setup a forwarding rule on that mailbox to go to your other mailbox or to a distribution group that send the voicemail attachment to a number of employees?

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 1:33 PM
  • Hi Midhin,

In my experience, Outlook rules can work for emails other than voicemail.

In my research, there is a document for your reference: Processing Azure Voicemail Messages with Microsoft Flow

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:58 AM
  • Hi Midhin,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief and temporary summary of this post.

<Request/Exceptation>:

Forward voice mail to a particular mail in particular time.

<Suggestions>:

You can create a group mailbox in Exchange that can be enabled for UM to accept voicemail from Lync. You will need to enable the same group mailbox for Lync and enable forwarding to voicemail by logging on with the account at least once but once its setup you can leave it be.

Outlook rules can work for emails other than voicemail.

<Reference Links>:

Processing Azure Voicemail Messages with Microsoft Flow

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Monday, November 11, 2019 4:46 AM