none
Print problem - arrows RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a problem while printing my project. I'm using Microsoft Project 2010 Professional. When I print my project, on both sides of every numeration of task name and predecessors strange arrows appears (vertical on whole height of verse ended with horizontal arrows). Is it possible to delete/change it? It makes the printout illegible and difficult to read.

I would be very grateful for your help.

If I mixed up some expressions from Microsoft Project please forgive me, I'm using Polish version so I don't know exact English names used in this program.

Best regards,

Bartosz Kurz

Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:11 PM

All replies

• Bartosz, can you be a bit more specific about where the problem occurs? I think you you see the problem in just the task name and the predecessors cells when you are printing from the Gantt chart view.

• Does the problem occur on all tasks or just some of them? If only some of them, is there anything unusual about them (Summary tasks? Highlighted? etc.)
    • Do you see the problem on the screen or only on the paper after printing? If on the paper, what happens if you use a different printer? What about printing to a pdf file instead of a physical printer?
    • What happens if you print from a different view?
    • Suppose you create a custom text field to hold the task name information, does the problem occur when you print that custom text field?

Graham

Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Hello Graham,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, the problem occurs while printing from Gantt chart view. When I'm printing the reports, all printouts are ok.

Answering your questions:

• This problem occurs in all tasks, no matter if they are summary or not, already finished or just planned to start.
    • I see the problem also when I'm setting print preferences on PC (while working on my project in Gantt view everything is ok). Changing the printer or printing to pdf unfortunately does no help.
    • While printing from other views there is the same problem - after checking the box "numbers in outline/draft" (don't know how it's named in eng. version) in Formatting section, the arrows occurs on printout.
    • I'm not sure if I understand this question properly :) Do you mean if I used text field defined by Ms Project or I made it by myself? I used fields (tesxt fields, date fields and so on) defined by the the Ms Project.

Is it in accordance with the forum regulations to paste screenshot here? Maybe it would help to explain my problem.

Best regards,

Bartosz

Friday, January 25, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Bartosz, this does seem to be related to the printer definitions. The fact that it happens on all views and irrespective of whether the fields are bold (such as with summary task descriptions) or not would seem to eliminate some strange interpretation of formatting instructions.

The question about a custom text field is to do with a field that you can define (Ribbon: Project -> Custom field) - for instance Text 1. If you then copy the Task name text into this field and try to print the field, do you still get the arrows.

Are you using a particular language pack with Project?

Graham

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:57 PM