none
DPM 2007 SP1 long term backup to Tape only monday to friday RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Currently we have DPM 2007 SP1. Current protection group created with Short term and long term period backup options. My problem is i can change short term backup only on Monday to friday only. But in Long term period how can i change it only to Monday-Friday? is there any PS command or Script to prevent this?

Please help me..!!

Thanking you,

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For long term protection backup, you will need to modify the recovery goals. DPM gives you the option of backing up Daily, Weekly, Monthly and yearly to tape.

To be able to change this, please modify the protection group. Further information is posted in the link below :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870509.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All. Regards, AJ (MSFT)

• Proposed as answer by ANUJ_MSFT Friday, November 30, 2012 8:00 PM
    • Edited by ANUJ_MSFT Friday, November 30, 2012 8:05 PM Information update
    Friday, November 30, 2012 8:00 PM
  • Hi Pathi84,

We added that featured in DPM 2010.  Please upgrade if you need that option.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:44 PM