Where is Windows Defender in Control Panel? RRS feed

• Question

• That nice little search box at the top-right of Control Panel is a really cool idea... until you uninstall Windows Search.

Too many web sites and how-to articles now settle with "search for 'blah' and..." instead of actually telling you how to navigate to the link you're looking for. This is a problem should you be working on a PC that doesn't have windows search because, even if you could use a default installation to find a particular link in the start menu or control panel, there's no way to show where that link is so you couldn't transfer that knowledge to a machine without it.

For example, without the search box, I just can't find the Windows defender property pages in Windows 7. What sequence of clicks, from the default control panel view, will take me there?
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi

click on view by   in control panel select small icons or large icons   you will get windows defender directly,
    it has not been categorized in some applications

Nikhil
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, November 27, 2009 10:11 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi

click on view by   in control panel select small icons or large icons   you will get windows defender directly,
    it has not been categorized in some applications

Nikhil
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, November 27, 2009 10:11 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:46 AM
  • Thanks hugely.

Small-icons view is my new favorite feature of the control panel... since, clearly, the default view isn't all-encompassing.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:52 AM