none
Error loading Rgui MRO3.3.1 on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone experienced issues after installing MRO 3.3.1? After installing when I try to start it an error flashes on the screen about some msvcr120.dll missing. I tried reinstalling and got no error about the dll anymore, but get a new one inside the R GUI: 

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'RevoUtilsMath', details:
      call: fun(libname, pkgname)
      error: To use RevoUtilsMath you must first install the MKL Math Library.
     Visit http://mran.revolutionanalytics.com/download.
     If you have previously installed the MKL Math Library,
    remove it using Add/Remove Programs, then re-install.
    Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘RevoUtilsMath’

The funny thing is Microsoft has integrated MKL and MRO into a unique package and I DID choose installing MKL explicitly...

Any suggestions?

Friday, August 26, 2016 4:16 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this issue. We had a problem with the initial Windows installer, that we have now fixed. We have uploaded a new Windows installer to the 'MRAN' download site.

Please do the following:

1).  Uninstall your existing install of MRO via 'Add/Remove Programs' in the Windows Control Panel.

2).  Download the new installer from 'https://mran.microsoft.com/download/microsoft-r-open-3.3.1.msi' and install it.

Stephen Weller

Microsoft R Product Team

Friday, August 26, 2016 11:53 PM
  • Hi stevefw,

I am experiencing the same issue in SQL Server 2017 running on windows 10.

EXEC sp_execute_external_script  @language =N'R',
    @script=N'
    OutputDataSet <- InputDataSet;
    ',
    @input_data_1 =N'SELECT 1 AS hello'
    WITH RESULT SETS (([hello] int not null));
    GO

Msg 39012, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Unable to communicate with the runtime for 'R' script. Please check the requirements of 'R' runtime.
    STDERR message(s) from external script: 
    Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'RevoUtilsMath', details:
      call: NULL
      error: To use RevoUtilsMath you must first install the MKL Math Library.
    Visit http://mran.revolutionanalytics.com/download.
    If you have previously installed the MKL Math Library,
    remove it using Add/Remove Programs, then re-install.
    Execution halted

The goal is to a) be able to call an R script that runs on the server, from any computer and from within Tableau, regardless if R is installed on that computer, or b) have the ability to call an R script from within SQL, with the script running on the server. 

Additional information: Both R In-database and standalone (shared feature) were installed in the server.

Any advice?

Thanks!

• Edited by JulianDBA Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:19 PM Added information
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:15 PM
  • It looks like you have a bad install or configuration...

Are you able to start R(Rgui) standalone from the SQL Server installed instance outside of SQL Server?

Does this lead to the same error message?

Can you tell us exactly what version of SQL Server you have installed? 

Friday, August 3, 2018 3:49 PM
  • It looks like you have a bad install or configuration...

Are you able to start R(Rgui) standalone from the SQL Server installed instance outside of SQL Server?

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I lost access to my old account and have to create a new one. See my answers to your questions below.

- Yes, I am able to start RGui on the server but, I am having the same error. Same with the error when running the script on SSMS query window.

- Yes

- 2017 SQL Server 14.0.3029.16

I also upgraded the service pack but the install failed on R.

Thanks sir!

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Repairing your SQL Server installation via the SQL Server installation setup should fix this problem.

Please try rerunning the installer and selecting 'Repair' as the installation option.

Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:53 PM
  • I tried repairing the SQL Server installation but, it failed on 'R' and 'Python'.

Here's the error message:

2018-08-24T06:11:04 INFO Starting download: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=863894&clcid=1033
    2018-08-24T06:11:04 WARN Error making request: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
    2018-08-24T06:11:04 ERROR Download failed: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=863894&clcid=1033 [Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    2018-08-24T06:11:04 INFO Exiting with code 863894

I've got this same error when installing 'RevoUtilsMath' package on the server.

> install.packages("RevoUtilsMath")

• Edited by derick1985 Monday, August 27, 2018 11:17 AM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 11:05 AM