none
Silent Installations using MDT2013.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently running MDT2013 and trying to silently install 3rd Party Applications. (Such as Adobe Reader 11.0.10, Quicktime 7.7.6)

This is the following command that i'm trying to use to install Adobe silently.

"AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe /sAll /rs /I /msi"/qb-! /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES""

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me and everywhere i've looked seems to give me the same string of commands to try.

If someone could advise me on where it is I’m going wrong, that'd be lovely.

Craig.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:01 AM

Answers

• Downloaded the "Adobe Customization Wizard XI", then open it, make some pretty basic settings changes (like: Supress EULA, reboot, create shortcuts etc).. then save the TRANSFORM file, move it into the same directory as the software folder (C:\Deployment Share\Applications\Adobe....). Then apply the command to match your file name (keep it simple) and then added the Quiet Install Command line; msiexec /i AcroRead.msi TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /q and that's it

mohd.w

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:42 AM

All replies

• Downloaded the "Adobe Customization Wizard XI", then open it, make some pretty basic settings changes (like: Supress EULA, reboot, create shortcuts etc).. then save the TRANSFORM file, move it into the same directory as the software folder (C:\Deployment Share\Applications\Adobe....). Then apply the command to match your file name (keep it simple) and then added the Quiet Install Command line; msiexec /i AcroRead.msi TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /q and that's it

mohd.w

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:42 AM
  • Craig, this is more a question for the Adobe forums, and on the http://www.itninja.com/ website, there is a lot of information to find about silent installing applications. However the solution proposed by Md.Waseem is also a good start!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:14 AM