none
NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/ nForce 630M graphics card/ display problems on HP dv6615em laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, not sure if this is supposed to go in this section, but I have a HP dv6615em laptop and it has a NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M graphics card. I recieved the laptop at christmas and ever since then I have been experiencing a reoccuring problem with the display/ driver/ hardware??? What happens is that the display will freeze, then the display will turn black, after some time a blue screen will appear with information regarding what has happened but this only stays for a couple of secinds, the computer will then re- start its self, the problem report and solution is the same everytime that it has been caused by the dispaly driver and to check either microsoft update and the Nvidia website. I have tried everything that I can think of!!!!

I am getting a bit despirate now as I am an A-Level student and have lost projecvt work thanks to this problem!

Has anyone ever had/ or still have this problem??????

All replies are welcome!

Thanks, Sian

Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Sian,

I did experience a series of problems similar with yours, when I receive a new computer: screen went light and dark, keyboard failed to work after a period of continuous typing, computer rebooting itself, and so on. As the final solution, the manufacturer’s support told me to reinstall the updated drivers from the their website. For your computer, here it is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&lang=&product=3629863&dlc=

(I suppose you are using Windows Vista)

If the problem persists after driver updated, and your computer is brand new. I think it is necessary to contact HP to report this issue as this laptop may be damaged inside.

Hope it helps!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Cheers,

Lionel

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:01 AM
  •  

Hello Lionel,

I am having the same problem or at least a similar problem to Sian.  I have a dv6700 Notebook PC from HP with a GeForce 7150m / nForce 630m graphics card.  I have done all the windows updates that I could and still nothing has helped.  The main problem is when I am watching movies on the PC.  The screen goes all wonky and occasionally restarts itself, and ocasionally I have to restart it manually by pulling out the battery.  I have Vista BTW.  Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew

Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:05 AM
  •  

hi everybody.

Well actually we have two notebooks PC from HP with the same video card and in both cases we obtained the same problem. I have all the drivers updated from microsoft, NVIDIA and HP but the problem still persists. In almost all cases the problem appear when I am watching some videos. I thought that maybe it is a problem with video card heating but I think it is not the case. I'm trying to search any information and I will write an email to HP and NVIDIA. If all people that have the same problem write them, probably they will look for this issue.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:18 PM
  •  

I bought the hp dv6636nr last christmas .After one month,I found this problem ,too. I watched movie online for a while , and then it will black out complrtetly, and I have to press the the power button to turn it off. I have tried any solution I can do,but it still happened . I heard  some explaination   said thats because of the uncompatible of vista and nvida card, you  can see the problem history reprt in the control panel , It said that  :A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.  I also hear other  version comment about this problem is that the vista is uncompatible with nvida ,Which is probably somnetimes you can see the  the problem report says that display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. This problem seems to be complicated.so far ,I find that the better  solution is to install the 174.31  driver ,after use this driver , it seems to black out lessen often althoiugh it still does, I wander if anyone who uses  windows xp has this problem .Hope We can speak it out loud ,  and  requst for the companies's response.
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 5:30 AM
  • i had similar prob with my notebook having same display driver and wt i would suggest to all of u guys havin a similar prob is to roll back their drivers cause the prob seems to have occured after i had updated my driver and rolling back my driver or unistalling the update solved the problem in my case, hope u guys find this info helpful cheers!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:30 AM
  • I have an HP dv9260nr laptop. With a GEO Force graphics card 900 series I believe. 

I took some of the Vista Updates to a point that my laptop started going crazy and stopped working. I have everything from vertical bars of varying colors and lack of a screen all together at this point. The only way I can tell what's going on is to use the VGA out of a spare monitor.

I purchased the laptop form Best Buy. Warning: Buy the extended protection!!!!!! I sent this laptop back to HP three times during the warranty period. Each time the same thing happens. HP chat tells me to send it back in. I get it back. A week goes by, updates install boom. Blue screen.Recovery Disks needed to get back to working status. Now I am fried and DOA. I am also out of warranty.

Thanks HP. I'll never buy anothe r laptop, PC, printer from you again.

Monday, November 17, 2008 8:23 PM
  •  

Hey guys i think i can help you if your problem still persist..

i have 3 laptops HP dv9910us ...i had the same problems...especialy when i watched movies..so the problem is in the update for the video card that you made...the update is optional from 10/29/08

(nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M)

so if you installed the update or you have this problem try to use recovery manager..click advanced options and chose hardware driver re-istallation...and then click to reinstall both drivers for the video card...

i had this problem to all 3 laptops...after performing this actions...the problem gone away.. Smile

i discussed with microsoft they don't belive me..so just wait for additional uptades that will be better...

Hope that will help you....

we should speak wit microsoft that the update is not good...

Everybody say thank you to Victor.. Smile lol

Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:50 PM
  • Even me too facing the same problem since i reinstall my hauppauge tv tuner card. it was an USB 2.0 based tv tuner. Once in a while i uninstalled the TV Tuner and re-installed the entire application. Afterwards, i 've been facing this problem. Whenever i watch movies in Quickplay or watching TV using the hauppauge WinTv application, i am getting the vertical bars of varying colors, also keyboard, pointing device and everything goes disabled. Am using the same graphics card with HP Pavilion 6701Au laptop. Can anybody help me out on this??

Monday, November 24, 2008 12:40 PM
  • i have presario V3804AU, running vista ultimate 64-bit, but i can't install NVIDIA GeForce 7150M (where i find to get the driver)
    when i bought laptop i didn't got the driver, please tell me the solve...

regards,
    faristha
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:39 AM
  •  

i have presario V3804AU, running vista ultimate 64-bit, but i can't install NVIDIA GeForce 7150M (where i find to get the driver)
    when i bought laptop i didn't got the driver, please tell me the solve...

regards,
    faristha

NVIDIA GEFORCE DRIVERS DOWNLOADED FROM NVIDIA SITE WONT WORK MAY IT BE 32BIT DRIVERS OR 64BIT DRIVERS I CHECKED OUT BOTH OF THEM ON RESPECTIVE 32 BIT AND 64BIT OS.

HERE IS THE LINK TO YOUR NOTEBOOK DRIVERS DOWNLOAD PAGE

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3678826&lc=en&cc=in&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=in

Saturday, November 29, 2008 7:30 AM
  • Hi I am Tony,

I am having same problems with my NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/ nForce 630M graphics in my dv9623cl hp pavilion entertainment pc and tryed to go the hp website but it is not allowing me to download the right files and am kinda lost and would really like help with this if u get this can u email me a solution at snomad122275@hotmail.com.  I do not know why hp would sell a defective drivers in their labtops but i guess atleast i am not only one that got screwed.  If needed i can be contacted by phone at 1(254) 813-1961.  Please this is urgent if u can get in contact with me that would be really great.
    Monday, December 1, 2008 5:03 AM
  • I have a Hp Dv6607NR I have had it a year ago on black friday last year and I am getting same problem screen gos black and some lines come up (I have to turn laptop off)

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:35 PM
  • Hey Kevin,

I am assuming that you are using Vista. The same problem i had a couple of weeks ago. What i did was i just uninstalled the video driver and restarted the Laptop. It was installed automatically from the recovery partition or somewhere else and it is working fine now. Just try it once and if it persists then go for formatting the laptop. Finally if it doesnt work out go for HP customer care.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:27 AM
  • I've been having problems with my DV9623cl  running vista and have givin up on it.  Unfortunately I can't find any video, audio, processor/chipset drivers for this thing.  Any one know of 'ANY" drivers out there, the ones on the HP site are useless.  Feel free to contact me at sq1620@hotmail.com
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 2:02 AM
  • SAME HERE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. THE SCREEN GO BLACK OUT AND COMES BACK ON WITH  THE MSG : THE NVIDIA KENEL VERSION 332.12 STOPPED WORKING AND HAS RECORVED THEN AFTER SOME SECONDS IT HAPPENS AGAIN N NW I CANT PLay any game on the laptop, my laptop is HP PAVILLION DV9000
    Cn ANYONE HELP ME PLZ
    • Proposed as answer by FESTUS KK Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:25 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by FESTUS KK Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:25 PM
    • Edited by FESTUS KK Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:26 PM
    Saturday, January 2, 2016 8:24 PM