CAC how to disable audio Video (LAN) for Enterprise Voice Users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We need to stop the PC-To-PC audio and Video for some countrys because they have a very slow network. So we need to be sure that all the calls are going via the PBX connection and not on the LAN. I thing there is no option to do this without CAC or someone can tell me another way :)

Scenario:

Every Country,region has a SBA the rest of the Server are in a Datacenter.

Datacenter is in Germany:  10.10.10.0

USA: All connections are allowed Network: 10.010.0

irland: All connections are allowed Network: 10.0.20.0

China: Only Voice via PBX is allowed --> PC-to-PC should be disabled because the network is to slow. Network: 10.0.30.0

I'm not sure but can I just add the Subnet 10.0.30.0 and disallow any audio and voice traffic?

Thank you

Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Call admission control (CAC) determines whether there is sufficient network bandwidth to establish a real-time session of acceptable quality. If the default WAN path does not have the required bandwidth, CAC can attempt to route the call through an Internet path or the PSTN.

For calls that fail because of CAC policies, the order of precedence for rerouting the call is as follows:

Internet

PSTN

Voice mail

For details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398529.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:51 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 8:41 AM

All replies

• There are two ways to do this.  Take a look at this article.

http://jackiechen.org/2012/02/13/disable-audiovideo-features-in-lync-client/

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:14 PM
  • Thats correct but User has to be Enterprise Voice enabled otherwise he can't do any telephone calls via Lync .... I just need to disabled Pc-to-PC calls via Lync .. but as example PC to a Mobile Phone should be allowed. ..   

Monday, November 12, 2012 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

Call admission control (CAC) determines whether there is sufficient network bandwidth to establish a real-time session of acceptable quality. If the default WAN path does not have the required bandwidth, CAC can attempt to route the call through an Internet path or the PSTN.

For calls that fail because of CAC policies, the order of precedence for rerouting the call is as follows:

Internet

PSTN

Voice mail

For details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398529.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:51 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 8:41 AM