SharePoint 2007 - doc locked by a single user RRS feed

• Question

• Our user uploaded her doc to SharePoint.  She then found out it was locked by another user who did not even open the doc.  We asked the other user to delete the doc.  She then uploaded it again but still has the same issue.  She has the issue in the beginning that just said locked - I have her performed the following: 

Site Actions -> Site Settings -> (Site Collection Administration) Record Declaration Settings Under Declaration Roles section , make your choice (in my case i have selected : All List Contributers and Administrators) Go back to your Document Library, select your document, then from the Drop Down List of Options Select Compliance Details.

From Compliance Details page, click on Undeclared Record.

Now it tells her who is locking the document.  She had created a new document type so when she upload the doc she has it placed for corrected type for ease of sorting.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• I told her to ask the person who was named locking the document to delete the document.  Then I asked to post her document again.  Immediately it said the same person is locking the document.  He was sitting right next to her and we knew he did not even open the document.  But for some reasons, later that day, she can open the document, the locked was removed.  Have anyone seen this?
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:43 PM