none
Wizard Windows Sizing issues with UEFI and chassis type for Surface Pro 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Two questions, hope that is ok.

One, anytime I deploy a machine using UEFI the Wizard windows sizes are all messed up, is there a property I can set to force the windows to a standard size.  Happens in WinPE and inside Windows.

Two, MDT 2013 Update 1 and Update 2 does not see the Surface Pro 4 as any type of machine, desktop, laptop, server or vm, I use the is functions to name my machines and that fails because all property are false.  the chassis type returns 1 from a WMI query.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:33 PM

All replies

• Not sure about the UEFI. I have the same problem, but I just ignored it, havnet had time to look into it.

For the machine type, in the ZTIGather.wsf file, at line 409 (in Update 1, YMMV) there is a function to determine chassisType, and type 1 is excluded for some reason. Type 1 is classified as "Other"

Go in and edit that to add Type 1 under the desktop case. I had to do that to detect VMWare VMs, they come up as Type 1 also.

If objInstance.ChassisTypes(0) = 12 or objInstance.ChassisTypes(0) = 21 then
    	' Ignore docking stations
    Else

If not IsNull(objInstance.SMBIOSAssetTag) then
    		sAssetTag = Trim(objInstance.SMBIOSAssetTag)
    	End if

Select Case objInstance.ChassisTypes(0)
     	Case "8", "9", "10", "11", "12", "14", "18", "21"
    		bIsLaptop = true
    	Case "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "15", "16"
    		bIsDesktop = true
    	Case "23"
    		bIsServer = true
    	Case Else
    		' Do nothing
    	End Select

End if

• Proposed as answer by JoeZeppy Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:41 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:38 PM
  • Glad I'm not the only one that has issues with the UEFI wizard sizes! have you managed to find a fix for this at all?
    Monday, January 11, 2016 9:21 AM
  • I didn't even try, I had other things that I needed to get done, it just wasn't a priority.
    Monday, February 8, 2016 1:35 AM