Constant Problems RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my new HP Desktop around March 07'. It came with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. Basically I have been having some problems. After around 2-4 months, applications will not start up at all, and I get an error window that pops up.
    I have reformatted 2 or 3 times because nothing seems to work anymore.

--------Usual Problems Occuring After 4 months----------------------

-Applications(Games,Programs,etc...) crash when the problems occur.
    -Internet Icon in the toolbar has an X (which means you have no connection, even though I am able to access my internet)
    -My computer seems to run a bit slower, but not by much.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that this is not a virus, because I have scanned, and also these problems occur in the same period of time. I have installed all of the Windows Updates(Besides the zune update). These included NVIDEA etc...

If anybody knows what the problem could be, it would be great. It has been very frustrating dealing with this issue, reformatting, and losing all of my files and programs.

Thank you.

-Dan
    Saturday, February 9, 2008 1:46 AM

Answers

•  

Alright Thank you Everyone

Thank you for your help. What I did was set my computer's performance to an earlier date(A week before the Incident). Along with that, my computer had updates last night. I am hoping that there was an update that I should have installed, although I installed the available ones. If my problems keep continuing, I will contact you. Thank you for your support.

I will also try adware.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

Since you have formatted the system and re-installed Windows Vista and the problem still persists,and the system which your machine holds should be the OEM version,so we recommend you to contact HP manufactory to get better help.

Meahwhile,please use Ad-Aware to clean up spyware from the system:

1. Download and install Ad-Aware from the following page:
    <
    http://lavasoft.element5.com/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php>

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. Click the Start Button -> "All Programs" -> "Lavasoft Ad-aware SE Personal" -> "Ad-Aware SE Personal" to start Ad-Aware.
    (Note: If there is a popup box asking whether or not to check for definition updates, please click OK and click Connect. Click OK to download and install the latest definition, and then click Finish.)

3. Click "Start" in the Ad-Aware window, and then click "Next" to start the scan.

4. After the scan is finished, click "Next", click the check boxes on the "Critical Objects" tab to select them, click "Next", and then click OK to confirm the removal.

This will remove all found spyware objects. Restart the computer.

Also, please check whether the application which crashed is compatible to Windows Vista. And whether this machine can meet the application hardware requirements.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:32 AM
  • Seems to me you have more problems than you should. Please describe in detail your application problems and I may be able to help you. You can e-mail me at JJohnson055@neo.rr.com

Thanks,

Jane

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:43 AM
  •  

Alright Thank you Everyone

Thank you for your help. What I did was set my computer's performance to an earlier date(A week before the Incident). Along with that, my computer had updates last night. I am hoping that there was an update that I should have installed, although I installed the available ones. If my problems keep continuing, I will contact you. Thank you for your support.

I will also try adware.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:37 PM