Strange Duplicate Attachment Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We have a user having the following problem:

• Sometimes attachments is being sent twice. (regardless of the case below)
    • If the user attach a file, but then open the file and edit it, then delete the attachment and re-attach the same file, then both attachments will be sent, even though the first was deleted. 

We have tried:

• Using Outlook in safe-mode.
    • Disabling McAfee antivirus.
    • Creating a new account for her.
    • Re-installing Windows 10.

We have hundreds of users, but only this particular user is experiencing this issue. The user has the same setup as her colleagues. Honestly, what in the world is causing this issue?

Friday, October 19, 2018 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Hakan Abdulovski,

What’s the detailed version of Outlook?

>> Creating a new account for her

Do you mean that issue occurs with different accounts on this PC?

Do you have Office installed in C:/ drive? Office also reinstalled?

In case this issue was caused by software conflicts, please try performing a clean boot in Windows to check the result.

Besides, we could use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to run advanced diagnostics to report known problems and details about your Microsoft Outlook configuration. For more details, please refer to this link.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 22, 2018 2:19 AM
  • Hello Perry

>> What’s the detailed version of Outlook?

The Outlook version is 1803 (Build 9126.2275).

>> Do you mean that issue occurs with different accounts on this PC?

We have not tried with different user accounts, but we have tried making a new Outlook account for this particular user, and the issue still persists.

>> Do you have Office installed in C:/ drive? Office also reinstalled?

Yes.

>> try performing a clean boot in Windows
    >> use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to run advanced diagnostics

I will perform the above tasks when I can get my hands on the users PC.

In the meantime, we're starting to suspect that the problem might be caused by a fault with windows caching (i.e check the case where deleted attachments is still being sent), have you encountered anything similiar to this problem before?

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 8:15 AM
  • Hi Hakan Abdulovski,

Thank you for your update.

I haven't seen this issue before. How is everything going on with it now?

From the description, issue continues after reinstalling Office, right? I cannot reproduce it on my Outlook 2016 1809. You can also try upgrading Office to the newest version to see if it works.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, November 5, 2018 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:40 AM