Saving files to last folder used RRS feed

• Question

• I am beyond frustrated with Vista's method of not returning you to the last folder used when you are downloading a series of files to one folder.  For example, if I am saving several pictures to the file for my summer vacation in Tahiti in 2007 I have to continually start back in the main Picture folder each time and click through several folders to get to the one I need.  It is time consuming and annoying.  Is there any way around this at all?  I appreciate any and all help!
    Monday, October 20, 2008 5:07 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Lakelady, we can follow the steps below to increase folder type and folder view settings BagMRU cache memory to ensure that Windows Vista remember the last save folder.

1.       Click Start, type regedit in Start Search and press Enter.

2.       Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell

3.       If you can see BagMRU Size value in the right pane, skip this step. If BagMRU Size is not found, right click on a blank space in the right pane, then select New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. Then, type BagMRU Size as the value name.

4.       Double click on BagMRU Size key just created, and then enter 10000 (in decimal base) or 2710 (in hexadecimal base) as its value data.

Note that 5000 is the supposedly default settings for BagMRU Size in Vista. You can set any other value you like, taking into account the number of folders you have.

Let's see if this helps on the issue.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:39 AM