none
How is Individual user Resource Department custom field link with OLAP cube Resource Department custom field?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

i am having one doubt

One of my user was not able to view the olap reports although he was having view olap data permission in pwa site,when i investigated Analysis service database,he was not a part of "project Server view Olap data" role

When i changed the Value of Resource Department  custom field for that user and made it similar to value which was in Cube configuration Resource Department custom field,and rebulid the cube,after that user was showing in "ProjectServer view Olap Data role" 

My question is "resource Department" custom field in cube configuration is basically used to filter resources for olap databasei.e information for only those resources will be collected in cube whose department is mentioned there otherwise information for all resources will be collected,So how does this Department custom field relates to viewing permission of olap Reports

I hope i am clear in expalining my problem

If anyone has any idea ,please let me know,any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Anuj

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:43 AM