"My Views" missing RRS feed

• Question

• Since the search for the forum does not work, I will have to post a new question rather try to see if this has been resolved already..

I updated a cube in SSAS and now a user is reporting that their views are missing in Web Professional.  How do we get them back or are they missing forever?  Just wasn't sure if I can look on the PAS server to see if they are indeed missing etc..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Sharon J
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Sharon,
    I don't believe that updating a cube will cause any harmful effects on user My Views since they are stored in the PAS database.  If the My Views are simply not there, is it possible that the user was accessing the PAS from a different domain or in effect, as a different user?  My Views are identified using the login account, so that may be one thing to consider.  Short of restoring the PAS database, it may be easiest and safer for your user to recreate the views.  I think there have been some fixes lately that address My Views functionality/reliability, so I would also recommend updating to the most current releases of PAS and Professional client.

Hope this helps,

Bob
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by jorg2195 Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:53 PM
    Friday, December 26, 2008 5:48 PM