none
VM Template Creation getting failed with Error Code 2912 RRS feed

• Question

• Getting below error while creating the VM template in SCVMM. During the Sysprep process, 50 % process get completed but get stuck at "Deploy File using LAN" stage. Please help me to get this issue fixed. Thanks. 

Thanks

Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The "NO_PARAM" means that something has timed out.

You can try to allow unencrypted BITS file transfers:

Right-click All Hosts > Properties > in the General tab check the box for "Allow unencrypted BITS file transfer".

Right-click your library server -> Properties > check the box "Allow unencrypted BITS transfers".

You can also try changing the BITS TCP port as mentioned in the thread below:
    Deploy from template not possible

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:30 AM
  • Thanks for your response.

I tried following suggested steps but still getting same issue.

Thanks

Dinesh

Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:00 AM
  • Did you try changing the BitsTCPPort port in the registry? You will also need to create firewall exclusions, you can first try with the firewall disabled to quickly test.

For registry changes to take effect, you will most likely require to restart your VMM server.

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Thursday, November 28, 2019 12:13 PM
  • Yes, i tried by changing the BitsTCPPort port value in registry and firewall is already disabled, also restarted the VMM server but no luck.

Thanks

Dinesh

Thursday, November 28, 2019 12:56 PM
  • Hello Dinesh,

Firstly, please make sure the BITS service is running on the host and VMM server. You can verify it by using the following cmdlet.

Get-Service -Name bits

Then, please disable the Windows Update service on the host and VMM server, and then try to create the VM template again.

Get-Service -Name wuauserv | Stop-Service

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Thanks Andy!!

Tried by enabling the BITS services on host and VMM but getting same issue.

Thanks

Dinesh

Friday, November 29, 2019 12:07 PM
  • Hello Dinesh,

Have you also disabled the Windows Update service?

To my experience, if the Windows Update service is running, it may cause this problem.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 6:45 AM