none
Certificate error (revocation check) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently, when users are trying to Export a SharePoint List to Excel, they receive a certificate warning message then it fails with an error “Cannot connect to server at this time.” – On investigation, it seems this is a known issue with internet Explorer and SharePoint. Within IE, on the “Advanced” tab -> Internet Explorer setting – there is an attribute “Check for server certificate revocation” – if this is checked, then this can cause the issue being experienced.  Currently, it is checked and I have been able to prove that disabling the setting, resolves the issues – so that SharePoint Lists can be Exported to Excel successfully.

we’d need to look at the group policy for the "Check for Server Certificate Revocation" setting..... I am hopeful that it can be changed just for the SharePoint teamsite URL, as opposed to for ALL websites.

So is it possible to disable this setting for individual websites?

I'm not sure if it could be related but we have Sophos UTM 9 - and it's caused us IE setting issues in the past.

Thanks all!

• Edited by Geoshot Monday, August 24, 2015 9:36 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 9:35 AM

All replies

• bump.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my check, there is no option for settings URL exception in these policy. 

For your problem, how about adding your sharepoint website to Trusted website for test? Please have a try.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 31, 2015 5:03 AM