Issue Sequencing Algodoo - Appx Package's block map is invalid RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have an unusual issue trying to sequence Algodoo which is a piece of free physics software we are trying to use in school. I can sequence it but when I try adding it to the App-V Management Server so it can be deployed, I am receiving an error message:

"The package Algo Physics was not added.
    An unexpected error occurred while calling AppX Com API. Error: 0x80080205 - The Appx package's block map is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080205)."

I have sequence a completely different application using the same sequencing VM (restored to a clean state) and these packages add successfully. So I can only think that it is something within the software (file path, filename that's a reserved word??).

The Sequencer version is: App-V 5.1 March 2017 Service running on Windows 7 SP1 x86 (I have also tried my x64 sequencer VM with identical version of the sequencer to no avail)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks! :)

Network Manager

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:02 PM

Answers

• I downloaded the package and sequenced it. I face the same issue as soon as I try to add the package on my system. After digging through the FilesystemMetadata.xml I found some duplicate files, which where installed by the installer, have a look:

This results in 2 block references for each file in the AppxBlockMap.xml ->

<File LfhSize="95" Size="116093" Name="Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Algodoo\data\language\Français.cfg">
    <Block Size="23982" Hash="kGYskVwsnBVS8feOfdH29BDCBNqq8nK+lGJKqZbDq+0="/>
    <Block Size="18574" Hash="z/cLaevJkDnaE2B7Bjf09/dAWQb4P2my3QZx21qWmFI="/>
    </File>

<File LfhSize="95" Size="203" Name="Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Algodoo\data\language\Français.png">
    <Block Size="177" Hash="4cxnP58+XDMhLWwX4bHTOai3ohoiVc0ptVaym2imK4o="/>
    </File>

<File LfhSize="94" Size="116093" Name="Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Algodoo\data\language\Français.cfg">
    </File>

<File LfhSize="94" Size="203" Name="Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Algodoo\data\language\Français.png">
    </File>
    Apparently the sequencer does not detect this issue.
    To solve the issue, I simply removed the duplicate files (Español.cfg, Español.png, Français.cfg and Français.png)

Roy Essers

Monday, October 9, 2017 9:10 PM

All replies

• I downloaded the package and sequenced it. I face the same issue as soon as I try to add the package on my system. After digging through the FilesystemMetadata.xml I found some duplicate files, which where installed by the installer, have a look:

This results in 2 block references for each file in the AppxBlockMap.xml ->

<File LfhSize="95" Size="116093" Name="Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Algodoo\data\language\Français.cfg">
    </File>

<File LfhSize="95" Size="203" Name="Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Algodoo\data\language\Français.png">
    </File>

<File LfhSize="94" Size="116093" Name="Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Algodoo\data\language\Français.cfg">
    </File>

<File LfhSize="94" Size="203" Name="Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Algodoo\data\language\Français.png">
    </File>
    Apparently the sequencer does not detect this issue.
    To solve the issue, I simply removed the duplicate files (Español.cfg, Español.png, Français.cfg and Français.png)

Roy Essers

Monday, October 9, 2017 9:10 PM
  • Just tried sequencing it again deleting the duplicate file and hey presto! It works.

That's awesome!! Thanks very much for your help - much appreciated.

Monday, October 9, 2017 9:26 PM
  • I've hit this same issue sequencing SQL Management Studio 17.5 (not tried the latest 17.8.x). App works fine on the client standalone, but cannot be imported into the server. I could not find a duplicate file in my blockmap though, however I did come up with a useful dupe detector script in case anyone else needs to chase this bug down:

[XML] $AppxBlockMap = Get-Content "$PSScriptRoot\AppxBlockMap.xml"

$AppxBlockMap.BlockMap.File.Name | Group | Where {$_.Count -gt 1} | Select Name

Dan Gough

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Edited by Dan Gough Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:57 PM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:56 PM
  • Hey App-V Folks, 

If you have more Applications which show that Error when importing into the Server - I need to know which applications these are. 

Please reply here or drop me a Mail. 

Thanks

Sebastian Gernert 

Escalation Engineer App-V 

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:37 AM
  • Quite Interesting. Could you explain as how to use this script

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:15 AM