none
Strange WIP Response root node name RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using BTS 2009 and HIS 2009.  I'm sending a request to the Host through the BizTalk adapter and TI.  In my TI project, I've created my .dll.  The heirarchy of the DLL is: CIS - IMeter and the function is called CancelServiceRequest.

So, when it generates the schema, it creates two schemas, as expected:

CIS__Meter__CancelServiceRequest__Request and CIS__Meter__CancelServiceRequest__Response

Now, when I send the __Request message, it makes the call to the host and returns, however, it is returning with a document root node of CIS__Meter__CancelServiceResponse.

This was working at one point (I'm fairly certain) and now is not.  The XML Disassembler on the receive side is failing because it can't find the schema deployed (because the root node name is wrong). 

Any thoughts?

Shawn

Shawn Morgan Blue Arch Solutions, Inc. shawn.morgan@bluearchsolutions.com
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:24 PM

Answers

• Ok, so apparently this is a bug.  I renamed the method to "CancelServiceReq" and the return node name is now correct.  Someone is just doing a search for "Request" and replacing it with "Response", it appears :)

Shawn

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:51 PM

All replies

• Ok, so apparently this is a bug.  I renamed the method to "CancelServiceReq" and the return node name is now correct.  Someone is just doing a search for "Request" and replacing it with "Response", it appears :)

Shawn

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:51 PM
  • Well shoot me! :-) Yup...buglet. Who would EVER in a ZILLION years have the word Request in the title of a method...(Funnily enough we DO handle the case of having XML as the last 3 characters of your Interface as defined in Designer). Easy fix, open a QFE if needed. Otherwise it will deifnitely be fixed in HIS2010 (in fact I shall just pop over and fix it right now!)
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:16 PM
  • I know!  How dare I.  The object name I'm working with is a "ServiceRequest", thus the naming. 

Shawn

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:42 PM