Requesting help to troubleshoot USB ( Wired or Wireless) mouse cursor lockups RRS feed

• Question

•     

I'm unable to run my stocktrading and video edit s/w or simple web browser, e-mail and watch YT video for more than 15 minutes before the cursor will freeze, and I must Ctrl-Alt-Del out. 

I've been working with the motherboard vendor tech support as well as trying about 50 different "fixes" you will find in videos on YT.   I have un-installed and re-installed the latest AMD chipset and mouse /keyboard drivers, tweaked the advanced power settings and and USB settings as recommended here and elsewhere. Swapped out all DDR4 RAM, re-seated all motherboard cables, cleared CMOS, tried several different Advanced motherboard settings tried ( but am using optimized defaults) three different wired and wireless mice devices, updated the graphics card drivers 3X, re-flashed the BIOS with a newer/ the latest revision, updated all other sound and LAN peripheral drivers, updated the Win10 64bit pro Build to the new May 2020 alias 2003 release, sent in 6 different troubleshooting updates to MSI Support gurus.. nothing has resolved it yet.. I will try a different Power Supply and different /older Graphics card with new drivers and replace the motherboard if it's necessary but I think this could still be s/w related since the problem will re-occur much more quickly if I load the PC with memory hogging high demand apps..  during the RAM and CPU, Graphics benchmark programs I've run nothing has failed. 

I always hear a few USB "Device Disconnect.wav"  sounds just before the cursor freezes.. and once it does freez it only very rarely will connect or disconnect again as I move the mouse dongle or the USB wired cable to differint USB ports  

If you have a guess if this is h/w or caused by s/w I'd love to hear them.. and any other tips on resolving it would help too Please  

P.S. this is what I typically with see using USBLogView before it freezes then these STOP ( and no more sounds are heard since it won't reconnect) 

Event Type Event Time Device Name Description Device Type Drive Letter Serial Number Vendor ID Product ID Vendor Name Product Name Firmware Revision USB Class USB SubClass USB Protocol

Plug 6/4/2020 2:22:31 PM Port_#0014.Hub_#0001 Logitech USB Wheel Mouse HID (Human Interface Device) 046d c00e Logitech, Inc. M-BJ58/M-BJ69 Optical Wheel Mouse 11.10 03 01 02
    Unplug 6/4/2020 2:22:34 PM Port_#0014.Hub_#0001 Logitech USB Wheel Mouse HID (Human Interface Device) 046d c00e Logitech, Inc. M-BJ58/M-BJ69 Optical Wheel Mouse 11.10 03 01 02

Thursday, June 4, 2020 9:32 PM

All replies

• Well This post got 20 views but no replies as of today so I just wanted to let you all know the problem appears to now be solved , since for the past 24 hrs the cursor has not frozen.. What seems to have fixed it was Uninstalling and then Installing the RealTeck  Digital Audio Sound driver for the MSI Motherboard .. since the mouse has been Ok  since..    
    Sunday, June 7, 2020 4:14 PM