none
Exchange Mail Flow Issue

Question

• Dear All,

Recently we had a disaster, so we recovered the Exchange Server MBX and CAS servers. Unfortunately out 2 mbx we were only able to recover one server,anyways users were online and everything was working fine

Internal and External mail flows

The current Version on MBX and CAs server was Exchange 2013 Cu 15

We updated both CAS server to version CU20.

Then we deployed NEW MBX server with NEW IP and New Name , installed CU20

Before I make MBX 3 part of DAG, I tried creating new mailbox on MBX 3 and it was working fine

Then I moved the Mailbox from database which was hosted on MBX2 to default db on MBX 3 and suddenly i was not able to receive mails

I was able to send mails though fine , but i was not getting any mails on my inbox

I moved the mailbox back to MBX2 and its working fine

Currently MBX 2 is on CU15 and MBX3 is on CU 20

once MBX 3 is working fine , i can create the database copies on MBX 3 and then finally upgrade MBX2 as well

I have never faced this issue, its reallly strange , any idea what would be going wrong 

Regards,

Gagandeep Singh Hoda

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:37 AM

Answers

• Dear all,

Thanks for your suggestion , actually I just rebooted the server and it started working fine 

I updated all Servers on CU 20

• Marked as answer by vgahod Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:31 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:31 AM

All replies

• Are all servers in the same site?  Did you make any changes to the default receive connector on any of the servers?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:49 PM
  • Hi,

If you couldn't receive the internal message or external message?

Please check the default frontend received connector settings on the new server.

Meanwhile, we recommend you to install the CU20 on MBX 2, because all DAG member requires the same server version.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 8:08 AM
  • Dear all,

Thanks for your suggestion , actually I just rebooted the server and it started working fine 

I updated all Servers on CU 20

• Marked as answer by vgahod Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:31 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:31 AM