none
Can a KPI automatically update itself if the data source changes even if the data source is a data table? RRS feed

• Question

• I am building a BI application where the user through a form updates the actuals of the kpis in the database and these should be reflected however I can't get the kpis to update unless I publish the data source and the scorecard and redeploy de dashboard in sharepoint.

The data source is a tabular Sql server table. I need my scorecardas to automatically display changes made to the database 
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 11:07 PM

Answers

• You should never have to redeploy the dashboard to see the data update.  At the most doing the data source publish should fix your issue and that is because by default there is a 10 minute cache setup on the data sources.  You can go into the data source and change this to be 0 (zero) and then publish the data source.  Once that is done you should see the content be refreshed once the user makes the change to the data and they load the dashboard page.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Dan English Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Friday, December 4, 2009 4:28 PM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:52 AM

All replies

• You should never have to redeploy the dashboard to see the data update.  At the most doing the data source publish should fix your issue and that is because by default there is a 10 minute cache setup on the data sources.  You can go into the data source and change this to be 0 (zero) and then publish the data source.  Once that is done you should see the content be refreshed once the user makes the change to the data and they load the dashboard page.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Dan English Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Friday, December 4, 2009 4:28 PM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:52 AM
  • Great the cache setup solved this problem thanks. I'm a noob in this.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 7:50 AM