none
Resources not in alpha order in dropdown MS Project Pro 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a user who wants to assign resources using the dropdown in the Task Entry View. However, she can't get the names to show up in alphabetical order. She sent me her file, and when I go to the Task Entry View, the resources DO appear in alpha order. Also, when she accesses the dialog box by clicking on the Assign Resources icon, the names are in alpha order.

Could this be an issue with a setting on her Windows OS? And if so, why is the list alpha when she clicks on the Assign Resources icon, but not in the Task Entry View?

Thank in advance for any help,

Sandie

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:02 PM

All replies

• Sandie,

Yes, the resources should appear in alphabetical order either way. I doubt it has anything to do with the Windows version but just for reference, what version of Windows is her PC and what version are you using?

A much more likely difference might be the service pack she has installed. For Project 2007, she should have SP3 installed. You can check under Help/About Microsoft Project. The service pack will appear in the version number at the top of the About Microsoft Project window. For reference, she can download updates at, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:23 PM