Lookup field in dialog wont save selection RRS feed

• Question

• I have a calendar list with four lookup fields.  In a content type dialog entry, two of the lookup fields will not (always) save the single selection.  Compared to the others, these two are selecting from large lists (60-100) whereas the others that always work are selecting from small lists (5-20).

When editing in datasheet view I can select values in these lookup fields and they will always save.

It may be a bug in the dialog box new entry form but I cannot verify that.  When setting the list to use page instead of dialog it ignores the setting and continues with displaying the dialog for new item.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:58 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:27 PM

Answers

• Update: Possibly solved: Apparently when selecting the Recurrance checkbox the form resets all lookup fields.  Previously I had the two lookup fields first, then the recurrance field, and then the other two lookup fields.

After redesigning the content type to where the recurrance field comes first I have had no problems retaining the selected values in any lookup fields.

Still testing.

• Marked as answer by David HM Monday, June 27, 2011 1:34 AM
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 3:08 PM