Icon's in Application Catalog and Software Centre RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We want our Application Catalog and Software Centre to look good by using icons against each app so users find it easy to use. I applied the icon into the application in SCCM

I also saved the icon file in the package directory. But it does not appear in the catalog.

Many thanks for your help

Monday, April 8, 2013 10:17 AM

Answers

•  Thanks for all your help, managed to fix it. I had to put the icon files into a shared folder, which all users can access. I thought it would put the icon file into the package /application and distribute it.

• Marked as answer by natwhite01 Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:29 PM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:29 PM

All replies

• Monday, April 8, 2013 10:37 AM
  • To clarify, the icons are only displayed for applications and not packages. You can configure the icon in the properties of the application.
    Monday, April 8, 2013 7:17 PM
  • The icons are applied in the application set up here:

But the icon doesn't appear in the app cat or software centre

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:41 AM
  • Hi there, you can try this, it may help you out:

How to add icons to your Software Catalog

https://blog.techygeekshome.info

Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:05 PM
  • The client you are browsing the app catalog with, is it capable of installing any of those apps? After you have done the step in a picture above, you should see the icons fine in app catalog. Maybe your silverlight version is corrupted or something? So please try the installation, it will make sure your client is functional. The silverlight version which comes with SP1, is 5.1.10411.0
    Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:15 PM
  • Hi I've checked the Silverlight twice and I don't think its the problem. Just a thought is it based on the users rights? As I put the icon file into the packages directory on the SCCM server, which not all users have access to? Does the icon file have to be on a shared folder, for all users to see?
    Monday, April 15, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Are you able to install these applications from Application Catalog? Any errors?

You don´t need to think about shared folders or access them, I guess.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 8:23 AM
  • See if "Update Application Catalog Tables" maintenance task is enabled, and run it as soon possble, then see logs for errors.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 8:27 AM
  •  Thanks for all your help, managed to fix it. I had to put the icon files into a shared folder, which all users can access. I thought it would put the icon file into the package /application and distribute it.

• Marked as answer by natwhite01 Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:29 PM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:29 PM
  • I never had to do that and icons were displayed fine.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Where do you store the icon when browsing?:

Icon Brows

Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:18 PM
  • I guess that your site server (=computer account) was not able to read the icon files in first place. The icons are stored in WMI on the client (CCM_Application -> Icon as a string) and are not accessed from a UNC share if I am not mistaken.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:54 PM