none
Upgrading from IE 9 to IE 10 but can not get Group Policy to pick up on any machines running IE 10.

Question

• We have been trying to get up to IE 10 for over 2 years now but there is an issue with the Group Policy carrying over.  We tried updating the templates on a Windows 8/Server 2012 to edit the GP but it will still not pick up.  Not sure what I am doing wrong, I just got hired here 3 months ago and this project has fallen on me with a strict time frame for completion.  Please help get me some direction.   I have exported/backed up the IE 9 Settings and tried to import them for IE 10 and that also has failed, I must be doing something wrong, I would prefer to import all the existing settings then adjust/reconfigure/modify from there once I get the test OU working.

Thanks very much in advance.

John Millsap

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 4:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have made sure the central store has been updted with the *.admx templates, I used the IE 10 options under control panel in the GPMC, but still the settins will not push out to a machine or user running IE 10.  Is there another step that I am missing?  Should be fairly straight forward like before but something is not quite right.

John Millsap

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 3:29 PM
  • > I used the IE 10 options under control panel in the GPMC, but still the
    > settins will not push out to a machine or user running IE 10.
     ...do some G****e/B**g on the "F5-F8 thing" (red and green lines) :)

Martin

Mal ein GUTES Buch über GPOs lesen?

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))
    Monday, February 23, 2015 4:06 PM
  • Hi John,

Regarding GPP F5-F8, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Enable and Disable Settings in a Preference Item

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754299.aspx

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:04 AM