Migrating SCOM MPs from 2007 environment to 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of Migrating agents from scom 2007 to 2012. When I am trying to migrate some XXXX MP from 07 to 12 it is throwing an error like "Dependency is there"..So I found there are few sealed MPs on which there is dependency(Eg: Windows Core Library).But  when I check the same one in 2012, this MP is already in the list. Then why it is throwing error of dependency, if that MP(Windows Core Library) is already there.

One more query: Is there any chance we can same MP in one environment with different versions?

Please help me out with this issue.

Thanks,

Naveen

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:34 AM

Answers

• I'm confused.  What do you mean migrating agents?  Are you doing an in place upgrade or side by side?  If side by side, just install the same management packs into your 2012 environment.

As for the other question, yes, you can have two different SCOM management groups running different versions of a management pack.  If agents are multihomed they will get both and run both according to the config from the management group.

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/ If my response was helpful, please mark it as so, if it answered your question, then please also mark it accordingly. Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, June 6, 2016 7:19 AM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:27 PM
  • Hello,

If possible you may modify those reference to the new version in SCOM 2012.

In addition, here is a similar thread for your reference:

Migrating Management Packs with Dependencies from SCOM 2007 R2 to SCOM 2012 R2

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b677a474-4039-4d97-a55b-eb4b31478d77/migrating-management-packs-with-dependencies-from-scom-2007-r2-to-scom-2012-r2?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:39 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Waleed.MostafaMVP Friday, May 27, 2016 1:29 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:33 AM

All replies

• I'm confused.  What do you mean migrating agents?  Are you doing an in place upgrade or side by side?  If side by side, just install the same management packs into your 2012 environment.

As for the other question, yes, you can have two different SCOM management groups running different versions of a management pack.  If agents are multihomed they will get both and run both according to the config from the management group.

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/ If my response was helpful, please mark it as so, if it answered your question, then please also mark it accordingly. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:27 PM
  • Hello,

If possible you may modify those reference to the new version in SCOM 2012.

In addition, here is a similar thread for your reference:

Migrating Management Packs with Dependencies from SCOM 2007 R2 to SCOM 2012 R2

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b677a474-4039-4d97-a55b-eb4b31478d77/migrating-management-packs-with-dependencies-from-scom-2007-r2-to-scom-2012-r2?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:39 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Waleed.MostafaMVP Friday, May 27, 2016 1:29 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:33 AM