VoiceMail emails blocked from Microsoft Forms RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

We have C2R 2019 Pro Plus and applied new policies for blocking macros, vba etc in order to improve our security. Everything went ok except the famous problem with Microsoft Forms blocking the access to the e-mails containing voice messages. 

I've looked a couple of articles including this one: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f1169614-0030-494f-bbcf-a04491087952/user-unable-to-open-voicemail-in-outlook?forum=ocsclients 

but changing the registry didn't solved the problem. 

I've read as well some articles about programmatic access settings and OLE object access but I couldn't see any option about Microsoft Forms.

Does someone knows which group policy is responsible for this setting? We would like to keep the security tight and only for some users allow the access to such messages.

Or should I move the question to Group Policy section?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi kondio,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

>> VoiceMail emails blocked from Microsoft Forms. I've read as well some articles about programmatic access settings and OLE object access but I couldn't see any option about Microsoft Forms.

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred after you applied the new polices?

I did some research about the thread you mentioned and found that it was talking about voicemail in outlook desktop client. So what does the Microsoft Forms you mentioned here exactly mean? Do you mean that your Outlook desktop client has issue about opening voicemails as well? Or something else?

To better solve your issue, please provide me with more information related to your issue(such as screenshots of your issue) so that we can do further research.(Notice: Please hide your personal information in the screenshot for security.)

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 5:28 AM
  • Thank you for your answer Jeff.

I linked the other thread because there was an accepted solutions with changing the registry but this one didn't work for us.

Yes, this happened after applying the policy. I just have to check how to edit the personal information and upload the file here.

Yes, we are talking about the Outlook desktop client. In OWA is everything fine.

Microsoft Forms

The moment, the user clicks on an e-mail containing voice message, the following message appear. After pressing ok, there is still no access to e-mail and the information inside doesn't show.

Thanks

Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:07 PM
  • Hi kondio,

Thanks for your reply.

>> this happened after applying the policy. I just have to check how to edit the personal information and upload the file here.

According to your description, the issue occurs after you applied the policy, so it seems that your issue is related to your policy. I researched a lot about this error message and found that it will show up when Outlook feature was affected and cannot work normally. From the perspective of voice mail, I really searched a lot but could not found other useful information more than DisableAllActiveX as you mentioned. So, in order to further solve your issue, it is suggested to troubleshot from your policy and see if we could get more useful information.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be useful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 1:17 PM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Sunday, July 26, 2020 10:23 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

exactly, that's why I got stuck with such strange behavior which is not documented anywhere although this is an integration between Exchange, SfB and Outlook. 

I was on vacation and didn't change the policy but today I will do and verify tomorrow if there is any change.

I will let you know.

Thank you very much for your effort.

Monday, August 3, 2020 1:25 PM
  • [Note] This forum will be locked down, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is highly recommended to register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and create new thread in Microsoft Q&A Platform to continue the discussion.

Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Friday, August 7, 2020 1:45 PM