Change Server Farm Installation to Standalone Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I followed below steps to install Sharepoint on my laptop and got issue on step 3.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee554869.aspx

------------------------------------

On the Choose the installation you want page, click Standalone to install everything on one developer workstation.

Figure 4. Installation type choice

------------------------------------

Choosed installation type as 'Server Farm' and configured the database in server farm account. due to some reason, I could not able to complete my installation fully.

Now I like to configure my installation Type as 'Standalone'.  Please let me know how to do it ?

Issue :

I'm seeing below information in Sharepoint Products Configuration Wizard

Name of the database server where server farm configured data will be stored

UserName and password for the database access account that will administer the server farm.

Clicked on Next button.

I could not able to configure my SQL database which is installed on same laptop.

Thanks,

Varatharajan R.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:17 AM

Answers

• Thanks Pradeep.

I was able to uninstall Sharepoint after restarting the system and installed it using standalone mode. Thanks a lot once again.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:28 AM

All replies

• hi

When you try to install in stand alone mode,sharepoint is installed with inbuilt SQL express edition.

If you want to use the SQL server installed on the laptop,configure farm installation and give the DB server as u r laptop while running the config wizard.

If you still some issue in server farm installation post the exact error messsage.

Regards, Pradeep

Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:50 PM
  • Thanks Pradeep.

I was able to uninstall Sharepoint after restarting the system and installed it using standalone mode. Thanks a lot once again.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:28 AM