none
Error Message Remote host said: 552 MS-Office file containing VBA macros found inside of the email RRS feed

• Question

• I hope you can help when I send a document to some people I get the following error message: "Remote host said: 552 MS-Office file containing VBA macros found inside of the email." What do I need to do to the document??? HELP.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The feedback message looks like your email is blocked by the remote server.

Do you have any firewall device using on gateway in your network?

The same problem has been requested on another thread

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrgeneral/thread/82d5697d-66c7-4064-8e09-93b22664f612/

they solved the problem by setting firewall

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:18 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:16 AM

All replies

• On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:46:44 +0000, RJS212 wrote:

>I hope you can help when I send a document to some people I get the following error message: "Remote host said: 552 MS-Office file containing VBA macros found inside of the email." What do I need to do to the document??? HELP.

Remove the macros.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Friday, April 15, 2011 12:37 AM
  • Hi,

The feedback message looks like your email is blocked by the remote server.

Do you have any firewall device using on gateway in your network?

The same problem has been requested on another thread

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrgeneral/thread/82d5697d-66c7-4064-8e09-93b22664f612/

they solved the problem by setting firewall

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:18 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:16 AM