Showbcc - Where is this option in Outlook 365 and in the Office Customization Tool? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to show the bcc button as a default for all users. I can't see the option directly in Outlook. I know you can turn it on for individual messages each time but I want to turn it on for all messages. Where is this setting?

I want to configure this option using the Office Customization Tool but I am unable to find it in there either. Is this option configurable in the wizard as I've looked through all the obviously settings and can't find it. This is the OCT wizard I am talking about https://config.office.com/

I can find it in the registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences\Showbcc

Thanks

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:47 AM
    Monday, November 4, 2019 10:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Andrew,

>>you can turn it on for individual messages each time but I want to turn it on for all messages. Where is this setting?

When you turn on BCC on one new email, it should always on when you open another new email. 

Reference Link: Show, hide, and view the blind carbon copy (Bcc) field

This cannot be configured via OCT. You can deploy this registry key to all users. If you are in an organization, use the Group Policy Management. 

If not, you may try these options:

1. Export the key to .reg file and import it to all other clients

2. Run this command on computer to automatically add this key:

reg add " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences" /v " Showbcc" /d "1" /t REG_DWORD /f 

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by andrewjohnporter Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:47 PM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

>>you can turn it on for individual messages each time but I want to turn it on for all messages. Where is this setting?

When you turn on BCC on one new email, it should always on when you open another new email. 

Reference Link: Show, hide, and view the blind carbon copy (Bcc) field

This cannot be configured via OCT. You can deploy this registry key to all users. If you are in an organization, use the Group Policy Management. 

2. Run this command on computer to automatically add this key:

reg add " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences" /v " Showbcc" /d "1" /t REG_DWORD /f 

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by andrewjohnporter Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:47 PM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5:06 AM
  • Thanks you. very helpful and detailed. I think I'll use GPP rather than deploy the reg add command from SCCM.

Thanks again!

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:47 PM
  • Glad to see it helps. You are welcome :)

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Request/Expectation:]

====================

How to deploy BCC settings to all users

[Solution Summary:]

====================

You can deploy this registry key to all users. If you are in an organization, use the Group Policy Management.

2. Run this command on computer to automatically add this key:

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:05 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 12:42 AM