How to Deploy? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a WebApplication And site collection inside of it .

Using SharePoint 2010 ,Visual Studio 2010 and InfoPath 2010.

in my test Server ..,

and this Site collection have many Features ,Event Recievers, Custom Lists , pages and WorkFlows, ..etc.

also most of code are ( Deploy as farm Solution , Not Standbox)

Now I want to deploy all of them as they are .., to the Live Server which have just SharePoint Server 2010 Installed.

With out Write any code or redevelop anything , or recreate items again.

How to ?

thank u for help
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 7:15 AM

All replies

• If there are any code components like Custom features and as u said u had built them in Visual Studio, you can simply deploy the solution package (wsp) on live server (Production)

With regards to the site assets (as I call them) - Lists, pages, doc libs, etc. There are multiple ways to move content. You can export these contents from the test enviornment and then import them on the Production.

You can use this free codeplex tool to do the export/import

<cite>spdeploymentwizard.codeplex.com/</cite>

Varun Malhotra
    =================
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 7:30 AM
  • Hi Tareq,

As Varun said,Deploy only these solution on your target server.

Then go to your sourcer server and take site as template it will gives you the .WSP.Your contents like Lists,Document Library,SitePages and branding related images and CSS will be bundled in this solution.Install it on target server.[I hope all the configuration and setting were identical as your source server.]
    Create the Site Collection while creating choose the template later once you finished you will be prompt to select the Site template wsp file.
    If you get any error,Look into this Features on target server had.

OR

Please do the "Content Database Attach/Detach" and migration instead of Site Template restoring.
    http://intelliview.blogspot.in/2010/10/sharepoint-2007-migration-to-sharepoint.html

Murugesa Pandian.,MCTS|App.Devleopment|Configure

Sunday, February 5, 2012 7:45 AM
  • Thank you Very much for your help ,

This is okay about simple and stand alone lists / libraries ..,

but What about related lists and pages which have custom javascripts ,

My Visual web parts I created by using Visual studio?

I tried once to move a site using .wsp.

But it loosed scripts and relations .

Also My Web site's type is (Site Collection)

when I use the tool using ( Choose tempate later ) I Can't install Site collection inside another Site collection .., because it Created it already.

thank u for help
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 8:13 AM