none
Can you, or can't you? RRS feed

• Question

• Project Professional 2010 SP1

Does anyone know if it is actually possible to change the colour of the data on the right-hand side of the usage views?  It's seems a little odd the change font command applies the formatting to the table and only the row and column headers of the timephased data in the usage views.

There is a related post at the link below in which others have confirmed they experience the same behaviour, however I would like to know if this is the way it is supposed to work?  And if not, is there a fix planned so you can change the colour? 

Any news would be great.  Thanks

(http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/thread/af5c792d-b694-4f22-bfcb-f75a568dbef4).

Monday, January 30, 2012 5:06 AM

Answers

• Hello Melanie Remen,

The view is still the same, I'm afraid. Changing the font for the assignment rows to bold does help some -- but no, I don't see a way of changing the font to a darker color.  Increasing font size and bold seems to be the best option.

As to whether a fix is planned -- I don't know. 

Julie

Monday, January 30, 2012 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hello Melanie Remen,

The view is still the same, I'm afraid. Changing the font for the assignment rows to bold does help some -- but no, I don't see a way of changing the font to a darker color.  Increasing font size and bold seems to be the best option.

As to whether a fix is planned -- I don't know. 

Julie

Monday, January 30, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Thanks for taking the time to reply Julie :)
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:24 AM
  • You're welcome Melanie, and thanks for the feedback.  Sorry it wasn't the answer you wished for.

Julie

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:11 AM
  • Right click teh Usage area and select Detail Styles... You can edit the cell background and the Font.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Hi Rod,

If you try your suggestion you'll find it does not apply the formatting to the data in the usage views as I mentioned above.

Thanks anyway though...

Melanie

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:21 AM
  • Just to be clear, you can change font size, font face for the data on the right side of the usage view -- sadly, that does not extend to color.  The font color is still grey.

You were able to get that part to work, Melanie?

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Hi Julie

Yes that is correct, sadly for my client, the colour of the assignment data remains grey, however the row headings do change colour, like the image below.  My client noticed this and was curious to know if I could find out if this was by design or not.  If I could get an answer, I would be providing awesome support, above and beyond ;)

See this example pic

Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:40 PM
  • Hi Melanie,

I'm afraid the answer is still "no."  Other than changing font face and bold alas the font color stays grey.

Julie

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:18 PM