POSReady 2009 Install - External Harddrive PROBLEM! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

First post here so, hello all :)

the problem i have been faced with the past few days is that i have been trying to install posready 2009 onto an external harddrive (orignally a USB but the installation kept crashing out at the format stage) however, with the external harddrive, it would crash out at the detecting hardware PnP devices.

my questions are why would this be doing this?

and

Is there any way around this?

im installing it using a windows 7 64bit laptop onto an external harddrive using an iso image running on powerISO on a virtual drive.

Any help and suggestions are welcome as ive hit a wall with this at the moment

i know there are alot of posts about this but for different reasons, ive read most of them, doing all what is suggested in these posts, but with little success.

im sure someone out there can help

maybe there is a way to skip this step some how?

Thanks

Andrew

Friday, February 3, 2012 10:12 AM

Answers

• Andrew,

Are you booting from the POSReady 2009 DVD?  If not, you need to.  The only way to intall POSReady 2009 is to boot from the DVD.  This software is designed to be installed on baremetal systems rather than a system that already has an operating system on it.  You can, however, wipe and replace an operating system on the device.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Saturday, February 4, 2012 5:05 AM