One recipient getting randomly added to emails from different internal senders RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to post this here as the thread I found the answer on is locked so I couldn't update it.  We had a situation where a single user was getting randomly added to emails from multiple different senders and I just couldn't believe that it was human error.  It was to random and to often.  I stumbled across this thread (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/2f6d2ca4-3d1f-4ec7-9072-5e588e434981/outlook-recipient-added-randomly-and-automatically?forum=exchangesvrclientslegacy) and the very last post from d2053100 was the fix: the user getting added, her title is .NET Software Developer.  So when people would accidentally add a period in the TO or CC line, Outlook would search the GAL and autofill this person. 
    Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi DaveRS_958,

According to your description, "when people would accidentally add a period in the TO or CC line, Outlook would search the GAL and autofill this person", so I'd recommend you to hide the problematic user from address list and see if the issue persists.

To hide the user from address list, open EAC>Recipient>choose the user>general> tick 'hide from address list'

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 1, 2020 7:24 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 7, 2020 3:07 AM